- Review: “Machete Kills”
- Concert Review: HAIM
- How to be best-in-state at the fair
- The spirits of Denton
- A living canvas
- UPC music series brings South Carolina singer to UNT
- Comedian Lechler ignores hecklers
- Festival Review: Austin City Limits
- Recap: Getting wet at Canned Festival
- Violist to perform at Voertman Hall recital
College Cooking: Valentine’s Marshmallow Treats
For those with a sweetheart or just a sweet tooth, chocolate marshmallow treats are great addition to all the chocolate-dipped delicacies this Valentine’s weekend. They are delicious, easy to make and great to share.
1 bag of marshmallows (strawberry or regular)
1bag of chocolate chips
24 heart cupcake toppers
Pink and red sprinkles
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
Get 24 marshmallows and put one heart cupcake topper on each one.
Dip the marshmallows in the melted chocolate and top with red/pink sprinkles.
Lay them over wax paper until the chocolate hardens.
This treat is versatile and can be adapted for any and every occasion. Top the chocolate-covered marshmallows with graham cracker crumbs for a s’more-like treat, or dip the marshmallows in caramel and top with mini chocolate chips.